Hike one of the most attractive streams in Israel. Walk down the beautiful Amud stream. Along the way, pass numerous ancient watermills, pools, and wildflowers. On the way back climb to the “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. One of the only spots where you can view both the Sea of Galilee & the Mediterranean.
|Short versions||5 Km|
Short very easy
|Best||Dec - Apr|
|/ Start Point|
For Public transportation: Take Bus #361 to Kfar Shammai. And start the hike from point (8).
- For the short version, Return from (5) to the beginning. Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers back to (3) and then climb on the ‡Red‡ markers back to (1).
- Starting point – parking area at Nahal Amud Natural Reserve (1). (entrance fee required)
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers down to the junction with the ‡Black‡ marker trail (2).
- the ‡Black‡ marker in this section is along with the INT (Israel National Trail)
- You are now at the Miron stream, Which is a tributary of the Amud Stream.
- Follow the ‡Black‡ markers for 250 m to reach the Yakim spring. (3) A small waterfall feeds a large 4X4 meters pool with plenty of shade.
- Continue with the ‡Black‡ markers along the stream bed for about 850 to reach the “Mivtasha”, an old Wool mill. (4).
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ for about 200 m to reach the Shechvi Pools. (5)
- The right spot for an extended break!
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ markers (along with the INT) for about 3.5 Km until the junction with the ‡Blue‡ Trail. (6)
- In this section, the stream is usually dry also in winter.
- Along the way, you will pass six ancient Watermills and the Aqueduct system that connected them.
- Turn Right and follow the ‡Blue‡ markers climbing rather steeply about 450 m to reach the top of “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. (In English – The Seas Viewpoint). (7)
- It is The only spot in the country where you can see both the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean sea.
- A “killer” spot for an extended break!
- Descend to the other side on the ‡Blue‡ markers for about 1.3 Km until reaching the main road #866. (8)
- Turn right and walk carefully along the main road (Unmarked) for about 3 Km until the road sign to the Amud National Park. (9)
- Turn right again and walk about 1 Km with Red Markings to reach your car. (1)
GET THIS HIKE EBOOK
Price: Just 5$
- Hiking Maps
- GPS Navigation App
- Hike Description
- Mobile Phones Optimized.
Bonus Tip: Don’t miss a visit to the nearby old city of Safed, Which is also a perfect hub for further exploring the area.
Recommended Lodging in the heart of the old city: Villa Tiferet holiday rental home.