Wide views on the Northern Golan Heights and Syria. On the first half of the hike, we will climb gently through an oak forest that is full of a wild-flowers. In the 2nd half, we will reach a fantastic viewpoint at the top of mount Kortam. It is also the best area to tour the Golan heights after a snowfall.
|Short versions||N/ A|
|Best||Dec - Apr|
|Possible||Oct - May|
|/ Start Point|
- Starting point: Access road to Alonei Habashan (1).
- Walk south along with the main road #89 until the start of the dirt road with ‡Green‡ markers (2).
- Turn left and follow the ‡Green‡ markers, Shortly you will find on your right a spring that fills a short stream of water.
- follow this dirt road for about 1 Km (3).
- At this point, the ‡Green‡ markers branch left on a foot-path.
- You are now starting to climb the Bashanit Ridge.
- From this point until point (5) the area is full of wild-flowers (From early Autumn to later spring).
- Turn left and continue on the ‡Green‡ markers for another 850 m until meeting a dirt road (4).
- At his point, the ‡Green‡ markers merge with the Golan Trail.
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers now joined by the Golan trail markers.
- Follow it for 1.2 Km until reaching a minor paved road (5).
- Turn left and follow the paved road for 1.2 Km, until a junction with a dirt road (6).
- At this point, the ‡Green‡ markers continue on the paved road, while the Golan trail markers go right on the dirt road.
- Turn right and follow the Golan Trail.
- Follow the Golan Trail for 880 m and watch for an unmarked dirt road branching to the right (7).
- Turn right on the unmarked road and climb a few minutes to the top of Mt. Kortam.
- At the top, at an altitude of 1125 m, there are ruins of a deserted IDF bunker and an old Tank.
- More important, a fantastic 360° view of all northern Israel and far into Syria.
- A great spot for your extended break.
- Walk back down to (7). turn right and continue down the Golan trail for 750 m until a T junction of dirt roads (8).
- At this point, the Golan trail goes right. Turn left now on an unmarked dirt road and continue for about 900 m, until you reach the main road #98 (9).
- Turn left and walk along the main road for about 2.5 Km until the starting point (1).
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
Automatic immediate email with download links upon checkout!