Israel’s most scenic coastal stretch. The easy hike along Dor Habonim Beach is suitable also for the hot summer. Magical coves, The Blue Cave and some great swimming spots.
|Short versions||2.5 Km|
Important note: This hike is suitable also for the Summer-Time. However, If you opt for the full version, we recommend to start as early as possible to avoid the hot hours, or start around 17:00 and enjoy the Sunset!
- Short version: Park your car at (7). Follow the ‡Green‡ markers until (6) and return along the ‡Red‡ markers.
- Two cars Version: Park the 2nd Car at Nachsholim beach. Walk north along the beach until (5) and follow the main walk till the end.
- The starting point for the Full walk: Parking area west of Habonim (1).
- Start by Following the unmarked dirt road for about 150 m heading west until a junction with another unmarked dirt road (2).
- Turn left and follow this unmarked dirt road for 1,900 m until a junction with another unmarked dirt road (3).
- Just after you pass a cemetery turn right on a dirt road that leads to a new car park and visitors center. (In March 2020 the visitor center was still under construction and not open yet).
- From the visitor’s centers starts a paved (Stroller friendly) trail that merges with a ‡Red‡ marked trail (4).
- Walk on the paved trail until you reach Tel-Dor. (5)
- Tel Dor is an archaeological site located on a small headland at the north side of a protected inlet, it is identified with Biblical Dor. It was inhabited since the bronze age and the excavations reveal findings from different periods. (Read More).
- Climb to the Top of the hill to enjoy a fantastic view of this beautiful coastal stretch.
- Retrace your steps to (4), and continue with the ‡Red‡ markers along the coast.
- Every few minutes you will reach another magical cove that will “invite” you for a swim or a picnic.
- After about 2 Km you will reach a Junction with a ‡Green‡ marked trail (6). And in the water not far from the beach you can see a Ship Wreck half-submerged in the water.
- Continue straight with ‡Red‡ markers along the coast with more coves and swimming options.
- After about 1 Km, you will reach a cove with the famous “Blue Cave”. (7)
- The cave was formed over the course of many years by processes of erosion, dissolution, and collapse and acquired its name thanks to its shades of blue.
- Continue another 500 m on the ‡Red‡ markers, until you reach a dirt road and the big parking lot of the Habonim Beach. (8)
- You can spend some time resting on the beach or get a drink at the cafeteria.
- Turn right and follow the unmarked dirt road for 750 m back to point (2) and to your car.
- A special treat is to visit here during the Tulips blossom season (usually in March)