|PRICE PER PERSON:||FROM 170 USD|
|PRICE PER PERSON:|
|FROM 170 USD|
The classic hike from Jericho (st. Geroge Monastery) to Jerusalem (Almon) along Wadi Qelt. Springs, Ancient monasteries, Aquaducts, and narrow gorges. Only two days, but so much excitement
|Best||Dec - Mar|
|Possible||Nov - Apr|
|Price From:||000 USD/Person|
|Backpacking:||Prices per Group (Does not matter how many people)|
|/ Start Point|
|/ End Point|
Click Map to Enlarge
How would you like to hike from Jericho to Jerusalem?
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 – St. George to Kfar Adomim
- Our shuttle will pick you up from Jerusalem, drop your luggage at the accommodation in Kfar Adomim, and continue to the trailhead.
- After enjoying the iconic view of the Monastery hanging on the cliff, walk into the gorge, and visit the Monastery.
- Walk on the old Aquaduct.
- Visit Ein Qelt
- Visit Ein Maboa.
- The trail ends at the accommodation in Kfar Adomim.
Day 2 – Kfar Adomim to Almon
- Distance: 11 Km (3-5 Hours) / Climb: 400 m
- Starting Point: Kfar Adomim.
- End Point: Almon (Anatot)
- After breakfast, you descend back to Ein Maboa and enter again into Wadi Qelt.
- The next few kilometers are the most adventures of the trek. Passing through the narrow gorge and negotiating rocks with the aid of metal handlers.
- You can enjoy some beautiful pools that provide excellent wading opportunities.
- Visit Ein Prat
- Enjoy the view of the Faran Monestarey hanging on the cliff.
- Arrive at Almon and meet the taxi that will take you back to Kfar Adomim.
Backpacking from Jericho to Jerusalem along Wadi Qelt
The distance from St. George to Almon is 18 kilometers. (Add 5 Km if you start from Jericho). A hiker with good fitness can walk it in one day. However, we do not recommend it. There are so many attractions to see, and so many cool attractive spots to relax by, that it would be a shame to rush it.
Our proposed itinerary:
Day 1 – 13 Kilometers:
- Start at St. George Monastery (Or Jericho).
- Walk to Ein Qelt and Ein Maboa.
- Spend the night at Kfar adomim. There are several B&B’s in the village.
Day 2: – 11 Kilometers:
- Go back to Ein Maboa.
- Walk to Ein Prat and Faran Monastery.
- Finish the day at Almon. where you can catch a bus to Jerusalem.
WADI QELT TREK EBOOK
- Hiking Maps (5 Maps)
- GPS Navigation App
- Hike Description
- Mobile Phones Optimized.
After you download the eBook you can also get:
- Phone/Skype consultation: 50$
- Phone/Skype consultation + “One on one” briefing meeting before the start of the trek: 150$