Join “Israel by Foot” expert Desert Guide with his Jeep (4WD vehicle) for a deep tour in Makhtesh Ramon. The tour is a mix of “Off-Road” driving and short hikes.
The Ramon Crater (Maktesh), is the largest erosion crater in the world! The terrain is full of geological phenomena, fantastic desert scenery, and abundant wildlife. READ MORE…
Why is a Jeep tour the perfect way to explore Makhtesh Ramon?
- Makhtesh Ramon is an extensive area. The only paved road crosses the crater in the middle from east to west. However, many dirt roads branch from the main road and reach all the corners of the Makhtesh.
- Many of the best spots in Makhtesh can be reached only on foot via a challenging hike. (Like Mount Ardo? for example). However, With the Jeep, we can reach very near to many of these hidden gems, and continue on foot only for a short distance.
- If you don’t have a few days to cross the crater on foot, or you are not fond of long and challenging hikes, our Jeep tour is the perfect solution! You get the benefit of experiencing a variety of desert hiking and visiting the remote corners of the crater.
- Our guide will enhance your experience with his extensive knowledge of history, geology, flora, and fauna of the area.
- The amount and choice of hikes that we take during the tour are flexible and depends on your ability and preferences:
Challenging Hikes: Mount Ardon, Mount Saharonim, and Ramon Tooth.
Medium Hikes: Nekarot horseshoe, Cone Hill, and Ammonite wall.
Easy Hikes: Wadi Ardon and the Carpentry
- Optional: Picnic meal or Bedouin traditional meal (Extra charge)
- Fresh, local desert herb tea is on us!
- Any questions? Email us for details at email@example.com or Book Now.