Ascend to a fantastic View-Point of Lake Kinneret & the Jordan Valley. Hike up through an interesting Wadi to the view-point. Look at the Sea of Galilee from an unusual direction & also get a good views to the Jordan valley and the Gilad mountains.
|Short versions||N/ A|
|Best||Dec - Mar|
|Possible||Nov - Apr|
|/ Start Point|
- Starting point – At the end of the road just above Menachamiya (1).
Menachamiya is an historic Israeli settlement. The settlement was founded on December 23-26, 1901. The first five families settled on lands purchased in the southern Jordan Valley, near the village of Abudiya. There are still some nice Historic Buildings and and interesting Museum to visit.
The Museum is located in the historic “Doctor House”. and hold a varied display that reflects the state of medicine and medical service of the past, compared to the present day.
- Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers along Wadi El Jorum for about 1.8 Km. (2).
- The wadi has some nice cliff formations of basalt rocks.
- At this point the path meets a dirt road. Continue on the dirt road with the ‡Blue‡ markers for about 300 m (3).
- The ‡Blue‡ markers continue now on a foot path climbing steeply.
- At the end of the climb (4), Turn right with the ‡Blue‡ markers.
- Continue on it with another steep section until you reach the junction with the dirt road with ‡Black‡ markers (Part of the INT). (5)
- Turn left on the ‡Black‡ marker and follow it for 200 m to reach the View-point under the Lonely Tree. The perfect spot for an extended break.
- Retrace your steps to (5) and continue on the ‡Black‡ markers (Also INT) for about 1.5 Km, until you reach the junction with the dirt road (‡Red‡ markers). (6)
- Follow the ‡Red‡ markers on the dirt road for about 4 Km to the starting point.
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!